REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF NIAGARA
MAY 2022 - NOVEMBER 2022
· Represent residents of St. Catharines by advocating on a broad range of issues gathered from liaising and coordinating with other levels of government, community groups, charities, and the private sector.
Associate Producer and Guest Relations Manager
CANADIAN JUSTICE TV SHOW, THE NEWS FORUM NETWORK
JUNE 2020 - FEBRUARY 2021
· Developed and brought to production a national cable TV news network commentary show
· Managed guest panelist selection and bookings of politicians, industry, business, and academic leaders from around the world
· Built and maintained relationships with external organizations for guests
· Proposed show topics and helped guide the editorial content of the series
· Writing, editing, organizing scripts and prepping the host for each show
· Assisted with promotional materials (including social media management)
CITY OF ST. CATHARINES
DECEMBER 2014 - NOVEMBER 2018
· Participate in strategic planning for the municipality by determining and developing the financial strategy, overseeing the management of community assets, and allocating resources via the council budget
· Represent residents of St. Catharines by advocating on a broad range of issues gathered from liaising and coordinating with other levels of government, community groups, charities, and the private sector
DECEMBER 2014 - PRESENT
· Oversee the management of a number of leased properties throughout the Niagara Region
- Contract and lease negotiations - Vendor service management
- Business development / ROI analysis - Budget development
- Insure safety and building code - Document drafting and hearing
compliance preparation for LTB Tribunals
· Attend to any issues and concerns the tenants or owners may have from collecting rent, finding/evicting tenants, to minor repair work
DECEMBER 2014 - PRESENT
· Network and liaise with elected officials, public and private sector groups
· Oversee and coordinate political campaign activities and strategy, especially with regard to budgeting, resources, staff and volunteer coordination
· Firm grasp of communications, marketing, and governmental relations
Honours Bachelor of Science - Double major: Medical Science and Classical Studies
University of Western Ontario
September 2008 - April 2012
Salvage / Build Team Member + Land Committee Member
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY NIAGARA
AUGUST 2014 - PRESENT
· The Salvage team removes kitchens/appliances/bathrooms from people’s homes for free which are then sold at the Habitat ReStore to support their local builds
· The Build Team volunteers to do the unskilled labour needed at Habitat Build Sites
· Land Committee Member: sources and secures land suitable to build housing by developing new partnerships and stewarding existing ones with City and Regional staff
FACER DISTRICT MERCHANTS AND RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION (FDMRA)
FEBRUARY 2016 - PRESENT
· The FDMRA is a group of people from the 'Facer District' in St. Catharines who work to revitalize the area with an emphasis on its cultural roots.
· Runs events within the district to bring awareness and raise funds for the revitalization efforts which includes it's signature 'Facer Festival'. They also provide input to the City of St. Catharines on the style and nature of the street improvements.
· 2016-2018 City Council Liaison to the Board
· 2019-2021 Board Member
Member and Past Director of the Board
JUNIOR CHAMBER INTERNATIONAL (JCI) ST. CATHARINES
SEPTEMBER 2016 - PRESENT
· Facilitate a number of member-created initiatives and events each year designed to create positive and sustainable change in our community while providing leadership, decision-making, and project manager experience to it’s members
· 2017/2018 Member of the Board
· 2017, 2019, 2022 ‘WishList’ Project Chair – organized the 2nd largest one-day food drive for Community Care which raises over 10,000lbs of food through partnering with local grocery stores
Board Member: Treasurer + Special Events Chair
ROYAL CANADIAN NAVAL ASSOCIATION – NIAGARA
DECEMBER 2016 - PRESENT
· Supports naval veterans in the Niagara Region
· Bring awareness and promote naval history and learning through events and displays
· 2018-2022 Master of Ceremonies for the annual Battle of the Atlantic Commemoration Ceremony
· 2019-2023 Executive Committee - Special Events
· 2022-2023 Treasurer
CRIME STOPPERS OF NIAGARA
FEBRUARY 2018 - PRESENT
· Discuss and develop Crime Stoppers initiatives, community outreach activities, and local programs
· Advising and assisting new and current Crime Stoppers programs and creating awareness of our programs by distributing information about Crime Stoppers
· Plan and participate in fundraising initiatives to support the program
ROYAL NIAGARA MILITARY INSTITUTE
NOVEMBER 2018 - PRESENT
· To be a forum for the discussion of matters important to the military and to veterans.
· Provide support and advocacy for Niagara based military groups including, reservists and cadets.
· As a member of the Conference of Defence Associations (CDA), the RNMI is able to express views and opinions to the Minister of National Defence.
Member and Past President
FEBRUARY 2018 - JULY 2020
· As the youth wing of Rotary, Rotaract brings together people ages 18-30 to exchange ideas with leaders in the community, develop leadership and professional skills, and have fun through service
· In communities worldwide, Rotary and Rotaract members work side by side to take action through service – creating and developing events/initiatives to build community
· 2019/2020 President
GenNext Cabinet Member
UNITED WAY NIAGARA
DECEMBER 2018 - 2020
· GenNext encourages people in their 20s and 30s to get involved with United Way—to more fully understand the issues that confront people in our region, to actively connect with the community, and to raise awareness and influence positive change through meaningful volunteering and giving opportunities
· Cabinet Members frequently volunteer for United Way’s programs and partner organizations and are responsible for planning and implementing an annual United Way fundraiser
Board Member: 2nd Vice-President + Youth and Education Chair
ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION – BRANCH 24
JANUARY 2019 - PRESENT
· Through Remembrance Day ceremonies, the Poppy campaign, commemorative activities, youth education programs and more, the Legion helps Canadians to honour and remember our Veterans
· Participate in advocacy for the care and benefits for all who served Canada
· 2019-2023 Executive Committee – Youth and Education
- promote youth-specific education regarding Veterans and Remembrance by facilitating a range of initiatives such as the Branch’s school- aged poster and literary contests
· 2022-2023 2nd Vice-President
Member + Local Community Service Committee Chair
ROTARY CLUB OF ST. CATHARINES
AUGUST 2019 - PRESENT
· The St. Catharines Rotary Club is committed to helping the local and global community through 'service above self'.
· The projects and events conducted by the club allows our members to take leadership roles, network with leaders in the community, and learn new skills.
· District 7090 Director of Public Image 2019-2020
· 2022/23 Local Community Service Committee Chair
LINKS FOR GREENER LEARNING (LGL) INC.
OCTOBER 2019 - PRESENT
· Links for Greener Learning (LGL) is an environmental charity organization that seeks to serve the needs of the community by promoting environmentally friendly and sustainable practices - specifically focusing on educating newcomers to Canada and children.
· LGL programs and initiatives - like their summer camp for children - focus on protecting and preserving our natural environment while providing meaningful social benefits to members of the community.
· LGL has established fourteen community gardens in Niagara Region. These gardens serve 400 local members from St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland and Fort Erie.
Niagara Grant Review Team Member
ONTARIO TRILLIUM FOUNDATION
MARCH 2021 - PRESENT
· Evaluate and recommend grants for local organizations in Niagara.
· Connect to the innovative and dynamic work happening in our local community and in the broader charitable and nonprofit sector.
Program Advisory Committee
SEPTEMBER 2021 - PRESENT
· The Program Advisory Committee is responsible for the development and delivery of opportunities that foster leadership development and community engagement. This includes visioning and assisting in the implementation of online and in-person learning programs that allow for participants to enrich their leadership experiences and build a strong local network of diverse leaders ready to serve the region.
ONTARIO ASSOCIATION OF CRIME STOPPERS (OACS)
APRIL 2022 - DECEMBER 2022
· The OACS works with local Crime Stoppers programs on a national and international level as it represents Ontario at the Canadian Crime Stoppers Association and Crime Stoppers International.
PADEREWSKI SOCIETY HOME
SEPTEMBER 2022 - PRESENT
· A Non-Profit Housing Provider partnered with Niagara Regional Housing to provide rent-geared-tocome, rent supplement, and market rent units to seniors living in the Niagara Region.
HORSE CENTS FOR KIDS
SEPTEMBER 2022 - PRESENT
· Horse Cents for Kids recognizes the urgent need for quality programs aimed at improving the mental health and well-being of at-risk children in the Niagara region and believes in the Power, Beauty and Magic of horses to positively impact children’s lives.